Policies, Rules and FAQs
Please take the time to review our policies. These policies will be strictly enforced in order to meet our commitment of providing timely, quality service to all our customers and maintaining a clean and safe environment
JC Swim School will only close during Alert levels 3 and 4. These lessons will be credited to your account. No refunds will be given.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Wash your hands
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow
- We have several QR codes displayed and it is advised that all parents/caregivers sign in.
- JC Swim School will only close under Levels 3 and 4. If we are moved to Level 2, JC Swim will send all information required to parents immediately. Our Covid 19 Policy is available at any time.
Our Payment Options:
Payments can be made by bank transfer, or cash and due prior to start. JC Swim School is committed to making swimming available to everyone. If you require a different payment option, please email us. JC Swim School will invoice all swimmers before the lessons start.
Bank transfers can be made to
JC Swim School
02 0912 0235216 00
GST Number: 109-627-168
To help us track your payment please use the reference number on your invoice and swimmer name. Cash will be collected poolside.
- Please note: Make up classes are for swimmer sickness only and will only be available if there is a space in the same ability on a different day. Make up classes cannot be guaranteed. No refunds are given for missed lessons.
If you do not fully pay your fees on the due date, or no prior agreements have been made with administration we will add a $20 late payment fee. If costs are incurred to receive your payment, these costs will be passed onto the customer.
There may be circumstances beyond our control in which the pool might not be available for use. Examples of these circumstances include (but are not limited to) damage to the pool, severe weather conditions, power failures, fecal incident and a situation related to Covid-19. In such cases refunds will not be offered.
If a pool is closed due to a fault on our part that is within our control, such as pool plant failure, water heating, chemical or quality problems, make-up lessons will be offered. If JC Swim can not offer a make-up class, then a deduction of the cost of 1 lesson from your next enrollment will be offered. If you are not re-enrolling for the following term, then we are unable to refund any lessons
- All children on the poolside must be actively supervised by caregivers.
- Unless your child’s hair is very short all swimmers are required to wear a swim cap. A cap assists in keeping hair out of their eyes and the swimmer warm. JC Swim School caps are available for purchase from the poolside administrator.
- Please encourage your swimmer to go to the toilet entering the pool. Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear protective swim pants.
- To help maintain the cleanliness of the facility, please ensure dirty hands and feet are cleaned prior to pool entry. Please wash hands before entering the pool.
- Swimmers must not enter the water until their instructor gives them permission.
- Only class participants are allowed in the water. All of our facilities DO NOT have lifeguards. No siblings, relatives or friends can play in the pool as this can be disruptive to the class and a health and safety risk.
- We understand that it can be incredibly challenging but please try to keep children with you and they are not to run around the pool. The potential for accidents are high, as the floor can get very slippery. We accept no liability for injuries suffered as a result of a child running in the pool area.
- JC Swim School strives for consistency in teachers, however, we cannot guarantee that any student will remain with the same instructor for any amount of time. The consistency in our program lies in the method that we teach, not in the teacher. Obviously, each teacher has their own personality and certain personalities work better with others. If there is a personality conflict, please let the office staff know and the office can assist you with changing the instructor. JC Swim school reserves the right to make teacher changes at any time without notice.
- Students do not automatically move up to the next level at the end of the term. A child will move to a more advanced level once all the required skills are mastered. If you are concerned with your child’s progress, please speak with their instructor.
- Periodically, photos and videos are taken for marketing and staff training. Please inform the poolside administrator if you do not want your swimmer to participate.
- We strive to provide a safe family-friendly environment. If we feel that a person is endangering others, demonstrating inappropriate behavior, abusing the facility, or becoming aggressive toward staff or clients, that person will be asked to leave the facility and their registration will be terminated.
- All caregivers and swimmers must adhere to the JC Swim School Covid-19 policy.
JC Swim School Covid-19 Policy
JC Swim School is committed to working with all New Zealanders to stop the spread and break of the chain of COVD-19.
Please read this document and understand the temporary changes to normal processes that we are introducing, while we work through these challenges together.
JC Swim School Practices:
- Hand sanitiser is available when entering and exiting the facility. JC Swim School will provide hand sanitiser at the entry door and in change rooms.
- To practice cough etiquette.
- To maintain social distancing at all times. 1 meter between yourselves and another person, where possible.
- Only two people in the staff change room at any one time. Please santise, before you leave.
- Only one parent/caregiver per family to enter the facility. Parents/caregivers are welcome to wait outside during the lesson time. No food or coffee cups in the facility.
- All staff, swimmers and parents/caregivers must sign in when entering the facility. There will be a QR Code to scan and a written log. You can choose which one you use.
- JC Swim School requests that swimmers do not use the change rooms. Please arrive in togs and leave in togs/towels. If you do need to use the change rooms, please use the sanitising wipes to wipe down after you. Toilet facilities are available. Please ensure your swimmers wash their hands thoroughly after using them. Hand towels in the provided bin please.
- Where hands on correction is required, the JC Swim Staff will do so in a safe manner.
- Groups will not share platforms during Level 2
- All teaching equipment will stay in the pool during level 2 and cleaned frequently.
The following people must NOT enter the facility:
- Anyone who is unwell and has the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Sneezing or a runny nose
- Anyone who is waiting results from a Covid-19 test
JC Swim School reserves the right to ask anyone who is sick to leave the facility.
If my child misses a lesson, can they have an extra one to catch up?
Only in certain circumstances, subject to availability, and during the same term. They cannot be carried over to the following term or holiday programmes.
Why hasn’t my child moved up to the next level?
Students do not automatically move up to the next level at the end of the term. Advancement only occurs once all the required skills are mastered. If you are concerned with your child’s progress please speak with their instructor.
Will the same instructor teach my child all term?
Generally yes, but we reserve the right to change instructors if necessary once the term has started.
What do I do if my child reacts badly?
If your child cries or misbehaves at the pool, do not panic or become embarrassed. A pool environment can be noisy with lots of activity that can overwhelm some children, especially babies. We have full information on how to help your child overcome their fears and anxieties around the water which you can read here.